Holy Land Pilgrimage 20222 min read
We now have the program and prices put together for our pilgrimage to Jerusalem later this year. Please see the attached pamphlet and the video presentation below for details.
Some important things to note are:
1. We’re arriving and checking into the hotel on Nov 21st, and leaving on Nov 30th.
2. On the last RTOC Jerusalem pilgrimage, everyone booked plane tickets from their respective countries to arrive at Tel Aviv at around the same time, then everyone jumped on a private bus to travel to the hotel together. We’ll be doing the same this year. We’re asking everyone to take flights that land at Tel Aviv before midday Jerusalem time on Nov 21st. We’re also planning on traveling together to the airport when we depart. Please run your options for arriving and departing flights past us before you book anything.
3. The total cost for the tour is 970 Euros per person. This includes all accommodation, transport, entrance fees, and other fees to do everything listed on the program. It also includes daily breakfast and dinner at the hotel. The cost of your flights isn’t included, nor is any food that you might want to buy between breakfast and dinner. People generally buy snacks on the road on these tours rather than sitting down for lunchtime meals, because we’re eating two meals a day at the hotel.
4. You need to have at least six months remaining on your passport to arrive in Israel.
5. Keep track of the entry requirements for Israel, as they may change. At the moment, you don’t need to be vaccinated, or take a covid test to enter the country. You will need to fill out a special online form within 10 days of arrival. And every person will need “a health insurance policy with coverage for the treatment of Covid-19 virus” for the duration of their stay. Perhaps bookmark https://corona.health.gov.il/en/abroad/arriving-by-air/ and https://www.gov.il/en/departments/news/border_closing_coronavirus_14062020 to monitor for updates.
6. Even though Israel doesn’t have vaccine or covid test requirements, the airlines and connecting airports might. So look into that.
7. We might visit the pilgrimage sights in a different order, and on different days than is listed on the program. It might make sense to shuffle things when we are there, depending on crowds, changes to opening hours, etc.
We really hope to see as many of you as possible there. Bishop Philaretos and the Fathers from our monastery will be there too, and perhaps several other clergymen from around the world.
CONTACT FOR INFORMATION RESERVATIONS
2 thoughts on “Holy Land Pilgrimage 2022”
are there any contacts?